Re: [Hampshire] [OT] SCART switches?

Author: m.nuttall
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] SCART switches?
Quoting Chris Dennis <cgdennis@???>:

> Sean Gibbins wrote:
> >
> > Cheers guys, my wife told me such thing might exist, now I know it
> > wasn't the product of a deranged fantasy on her part!
> >
> > Sean
> >
> Don't just buy the cheapest one though -- they vary a lot in quality,
> and that affects the quality of the signal that they let through. After
> a couple of failures (one bought in the Co-op for £3, one in a 'serious'
> TV shop for £16), I'm now successfully using a three-way one called a
> Pro-con 101SB that I found in Robert Dyas of all places for £10. There
> are much more expensive ones around too.

I would agree with the above from my knowledge of rf aerials when you split it
into 2 you get half the signal so i expect that would happen with the scart.
Maybe a powered scart splitter would be better quality? The multi video/dvd my
parents have bought and they are both pants. You really pay for the convienience
of it and since they are cheap to start with you end up with a bad video and a
bad dvd player.

Scart splitter is the way to go but the quality will be affected.

Martin N