Re: [Hampshire] Network numpty

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Network numpty
Chris Dennis <cgdennis@???> wrote:
> Nick Chalk wrote:
>> (So I telnet'ed in and wiped the whole script.
>> Made it much more reliable.)
> What Netgear box was that? And how did you
> change the iptables?

DG834, I think.

Search for that model and 'telnet' or similar. You
should find references to a special URL that
enables the telnet daemon on the router. You can
then connect, without a password, as root.

Once you're in, you have a simple Bourne-like
shell, and a selection of the usual commands. It's
a very small system, but you can work with it;
runs on an embedded MIPS processor, I think.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.