[hampshire] Data recovery

Author: Alasdair Ross
To: HantsLUG List
Subject: [hampshire] Data recovery
Hello,

Tonight, a friend of mine has accidentally deleted some important photos
from her digital camera.
Does anyone know how it might be possible to recover the data stored on
the memory card (xD card), or of any good data recovery companies which
could do this. She says that she has taken only 1 photo since she deleted
the photos from the card and I assume that the memory on the card will be
marked as being free (rather than the data being overwritten) so it should
be possible to recover some of the data.
I haven't attempted any kind of data recovery before so I am reluctant to
try anything without any advice.

Yours, grateful for any help,
-Alasdair-