[Hampshire] [OT] Virus scanner and Firewall for Windows

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Virus scanner and Firewall for Windows
Hello all.

One of my esteemed colleagues has come up with a
plan to move a few of his staff to a new building
for three months. Given this short period, it's
not economical to install a phone line and ADSL,
so the suggestion is to equip them with laptops
and 3G cards.

These will, unfortunately, be running WinXP, so
need virus checkers and firewalls.

May I tap the collected wisdom of HantsLUG for
recommendations in these two categories, please?

Ideally, both pieces of software will allow
advance configuration, and present no questions to
the user thereafter. We have many staff with few
IT skills.

Thanks!

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk  ---  System Administrator          __
                Jamie's Computer Club         /  \