Re: [Hampshire] DIY Web Design Talk

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] DIY Web Design Talk
On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 at 10:07:51AM -0000, Vic wrote:
> > You can use any method you like, with FTP or SCP being the most common.
>
> Personally, I used rsync over SSH (as Adam mentioned), but I'm
> increasingly setting up DAV installations - particularly for people with
> Windows clients.

rsync over SSH is my favourite method, as I don't have to worry what's
changed just run the command and it all goes up correctly.

> The hardest thing about setting up DAV on Apache is convincing yourself
> that you haven't missed the whole point, and it really is as simple as
> putting "Dav on" in the right <Location> stanza...

webdav is supposed to be popular with some Windows users. It's something
I looked at once a long time ago and haven't seen a need for yet.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Linux users hate mixed case names, yet Linux supports it.
Windows users love mixed case names, but Windows doesn't support it.
    -- Andrew Tridgell