[Hampshire] NFS file permissions and OOo

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] NFS file permissions and OOo
Hi All,

I have a problem with NFS. I have a folder on my server called
~/shareddata

I have a line in /etc/exports that reads
/home/philip/shareddata 192.168.0.10(rw)

On my desktop, I have a line in fstab
192.168.0.2:/home/philip/shareddata     /home/philip/mydata     nfs defaults        0       0

Now, some times when I boot the desktop, it does not mount the
share. Other times it does. When it is mounted, I can read an write
files on the share from a terminal window. However, the same files
will only open a read-only when using OpenOffice.

Have a missed anything fundamental here? Does anybody have any
advice to improve my NFS experience?

Thanks.
--
Philip Stubbs