Re: [Hampshire] LUG Twinning

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] LUG Twinning

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57b7a100.hantslug.org.uk.941': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Jan 14 10:55:39 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Sunday 14 January 2007 03:28, Alan Pope wrote:
> An idea struck me.
>
> There are individuals and groups of Linux users who are not blessed with
> stonking fast net connections and ridiculously cheap media as we are in
> the UK. They might benefit from a package sent from a UK user group who
> do. This could comprise one or two copies of each of the major distros
> latest releases, sent once every six months or so.

I think it's going on informally, but I think a little structure would make it
a BRILLIANT idea! Sort of like "fair trade" in reverse, rich "countries"
giving tools and technology to poor "countries". You could probably get a lot
of good publicity for doing this with IT and without!

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

The Internet? We are not interested in it.
    --    Bill Gates, 1993