Re: [Hampshire] Meeting comments

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hants LUG ML
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Meeting comments

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56cc7100.hantslug.org.uk.2211': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Jan 14 10:52:54 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Saturday 13 January 2007 23:16, Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> Well I hope people enjoyed today's meeting.

Yes, it was good.

> What did everyone think? I'm particularly interested in how people
> treated it compared to Aldershot meetings (which have generally seem
> poorly attented).

Having only been to one of each, I'm not sure. I limit myself to everyother
meeting and Aldershot isn't the one I usually go to.

> Would people like to have more joint meetings? Or stay seperate?
> What about timing - if we had joint meetings it would be best if one
> or other group shifted by a week to avoid having oddly spaced gaps
> between meetings.

I think joint meetings are a good idea now and then. The Birmingham Perl
Moungers went on tour last year to other Perl and Linux groups. While we
can't stray too far - for obvious reason, I think it would be nice to have
other groups visit us and us visit them. If we managed one away meeting per
year and got others to come to our home meetings that would be good. After
all the point is that the group is local so people can get to it.

> Any things they did well that we should copy (I'm afraid "free coffee"
> isn't on the cards!) or conversely things that we do well that perhaps
> we should suggest to them?

I liked having a Red Hat PC to play with - well I put Debian on it of course!
Very useful for demonstrating something without worrying about what happens
to it.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

The problem with cruel and unusual punishment is that you have to keep
being creative.  For example, some may call it cruel and unusual to turn
a spammer into spam, but by the time you feed the hundredth into the
woodchipper it's become quite usual.
    -- Anthony de Boer in the Monastery