Re: [Hampshire] Meeting comments

Author: glitch
To: adrian, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Meeting comments

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 23:16:12 +0000, Adrian Bridgett <adrian@???> wrote:

> Well I hope people enjoyed today's meeting.

> What did everyone think? I'm particularly interested in how people

> treated it compared to Aldershot meetings (which have generally seem

> poorly attented).

> This applies to everyone really - whether you have been to any North

> Hampshire meetings or not. "Too far to travel", "see SurreyLUG", "too

> crowded" - any and all comments are fair game - this was after all an

> experiment to see what people thought.

> Any things they did well that we should copy (I'm afraid "free coffee"

> isn't on the cards!) or conversely things that we do well that perhaps

> we should suggest to them?

> Cheers,

> Adrian

I liked the venue neat n tidy,

UML and RSS talks

the parking spaces right out-side,

meeting new linux geeks for the plus side..

oh yeah and the free coffee.

I found it hard work getting past the bodies to the facilites

and worse coming back with a drink.

Some people kept doing "Talks" which was inconvenient to my chats with my collegues, which is my main         reason for attending.

Next time i'll know to sit in the other room, perhaps if they had a "greeter" he could have explained this.

So looks like 5 - 3 scoreline to me

Keep up the good work guys

Ian