Re: [Hampshire] Deaf LUG

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Deaf LUG

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58611100.hantslug.org.uk.10429': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Jan 16 19:31:22 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
Gordon Scott wrote:
> Hi Fintan,
>
> On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Fintan Gaughan wrote:
>
>> I am about to start a Deaf Lug and reason for that is I get lots of
>> emails regarding Linux.
>
> Personally I think that's a really good idea. I'm sure that there will
> be many deaf people who are interested, though it will take a while to
> build up.

Yes, it's a good idea. There is already, for example, an autistic LUG. A
Deaf LUG would serve to generate a point of expertise for deaf Linux
users, as well as a mutual support and social group.

But remember Gordon's comment that it will take time to build up in
popularity. This LUG has been running for nearly ten years (we should
have a party next year!) but took a few years to build up to the busy
levels we are now used to.

Good luck!

Tony