Re: [Hampshire] XP built for qemu

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] XP built for qemu
Alasdair Ross <alasdair.ross@???> wrote:
> What counts as "the machine"? I assume that, on
> a desktop PC, I could have replaced any
> individual component and continued to use the
> key, but then it becomes a bit like the
> situation of replacing a broom handle one year
> and the broom head the next and still calling it
> the same broom.

I seem to remember MS saying that the motherboard
was the critical component - if that changes, then
it's a new machine.

However, this page...
   http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/activation_faq.mspx
describes a more complex system - look for
   "Can hardware components be changed and
    upgraded?"
and following questions.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.