Re: [Hampshire] Linux problems

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux problems
> [drystan@Angelmob madwifi-0.9.2.1]$ make
> error: linux/config.h: No such file or directory

You don't have the kernel config to hand.

If you don't know how to fix this, might I suggest you install from RPM?
There are a number of repositories that have this ready-built, or you
could grab the SRPM from somewhere like dag.wieers.com * rebuild that.
It'll be loads easier...

> 2: when using SSH if my public key is in the authusied keys folder

1) It is a *file*, not a "folder".
2) It is named "authorized_keys" (note the "z") and *nothing else*

So if you're putting keys into a directory, that won't work. And if you're
putting them into a file called anything but "authorized_keys", that won't
work either.

> I should not need a password to log into the server

Once your key is available, you won't need a password. However, if you
built the key with a pass-phrase, your key is not available until you've
entered it.

> Is this correct
> because I copied the file in but I still need a password

Sounds like you haven't got the key-based authentication running yet. I
suggest you look very, very carefully at the location of your keys...

Vic.