Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57d33100.hantslug.org.uk.13087': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Feb 21 18:37:05 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Wednesday 21 February 2007 15:38, Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> your set up.
>

> what's your set up at home? do you have a mail server website server?
> if so what's distro?
>
> I have 3 pc's at home

I've got two identical AMD64 units running Debian Etch/AMD64, one is my
desktop the second is my partner's.

One antique Compaq PII-266 unit running Debian Sarge/x86 that does
Apache/Fetchmail/Dovecot/CVS/DNS and such. It was scrap from work and is
plenty good enough. The only problem with it is that it doesn't really have a
lot of on board disk.

One very antique Sun SPARC box that is still running Solaris 2.6.

One Dell desktop (was my main PC until last year), PPro-200 running Debian Sid
(my testing system).

One Dell inspiron PII-233 (was my partner's main machine until last year),
still running (badly) Windows 98.

One Compaq Armada notebook (works) running Windows XP - exceptionally slowly.

I'll probably bin the Compaq box that's my home server at some point, but I'm
not sure if I'll replace it with the SPARC box (which I may be able to get
some disks for) or a new box. I will eventually replace the notebook with
something new, and the test machine will eventually become to slow to use, so
I'll probably just scrap it.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

"We must get users past their misunderstandings of uptime. A reboot
doesn't mean that anything broke, there is no hardware or software
corrective action taken, so there wasn't any real downtime."
-- overheard in an MS strategy meeting