Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

Heimdall: Shuttle PC running OpenBSD which acts as Firewall and gateway.
          It is also running public facing Apache and jabberd servers.
          Connected to:

    16 port Gigabit switch, connected to:

        Wotan: Dual 1.5GHz Athlon box (DNUK), acts as main server and
               file store. Running Gentoo Linux with vserver kernel.
               Currently running 8 virtual servers (all Gentoo):

               Appleseed:  MySQL database and Tomcat. Proxyed via the main
                           Apache server to run my Cities mapping server
                           publically.
               Bubblegum:  Samba server, and server for my gf to play with.
               Cagliostro: Groupware server, currently running CourierIMAP
                           and public facing SMTP server.
               Daiakuji:   Test Java 1.5 version of Tomcat, proxyed from
                           Apache server to run Traveller mapping server.
               Evangelion: X application server running Enlightenment,
                           serving any thin XTerm clients I happen to run.
               Fafner:     Currently unused.
               Gundam:     Currently unused.
               Hellsing:   Currently unused.

        Fenris: Desktop, Athlon64 running Gentoo. Main work/gaming PC
                with nice 23" widescreen monitor. This was my first DIY PC,
                with a case, heatsink and PSU from QuietPC.

        Dagda:  Girlfriend's old MS Windows desktop.
        Macha:  Girlfriend's current MS Windows desktop.

        Power over ethernet, connected to:
            Upstairs switch, connected to:
                Thor:  My old Dell desktop, running Gentoo Linux.
                       Sits upstairs and is mostly used to play multimedia
                       whilst I'm painting.

                Odin:  Risc PC. Sits upstairs mostly unused these days.

            Wireless router: Used by my work laptop, or by friends when
                             they're round. Off most of the time.

After last weekend's excitement (thanks to those on IRC who helped me with
tracking down all my hardware failures), Heimdall and Wotan are now on UPS.
I don't need 16 ports on the switch, but after my previous one blew up it
was the first one I was able to get hold of at short notice.

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???