[Hampshire] Wireless, WPA and Ubuntu

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Wireless, WPA and Ubuntu
Well, not specifically Ubuntu necessarily, but it is beginning to be the
case that it is better to mention Ubuntu here than Debian to get a rush
of suggestions ;)

Anyway, having thought about my wireless setup I realise that I have to
have WPA support since I use it extensively on other wireless locations
(customers, parents, inlaws, etc.). I dug out my spare wireless pcmcia
card and that turns out to be a broadcom chipset (a Linksys card) and
Ubuntu bearly knows the card is there - first plugin it recognised there
was an unknown card plugged in, secont time it noted that it was from
Linksys and that they were now owned by Cisco, but no sign of it getting
a driver or showing up in the networking configuration.

So, does anyone have any suggestions of decent pcmcia wireless cards
(54g compatible) that support wpa under linux?

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/
Aptanet Ltd. | Registered in England | Company No: 4905028