Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

Author: hantslug
To: rob, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea
On Saturday 24 Mar 2007 17:37, Rob Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 16:54 +0000, hantslug@??? wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > i.e. yellow on black. A dark background with pale text. As it comes out
> > on my screen, the template actually has pale text - white, in fact. But
> > the background is not dark. Clearly, reproduction of this is not
> > uniform, perhaps because odp is till a relatively new format. I opened
> > it in OOo, which may have some bearing on what I was seeing.
>
> Have you actually looked at all 3 pages?

See my earlier apologium. No I had not - I find backgrounds such as you had
used in the first two slides actively unpleasant, so I tend to shy off. I
did glance at all of them - but really only the first two registered. After
I had replied to Tony I went back and looked and deliberately started at the
end.

> There are 2 title pages, one with the logo.
>
> The 3rd page that you'd use for the presentation text is a black
> background with yellow text.

Yes - it's great. I apologise for not starting at the end as well as the
beginning before "putting pen to paper". But after two slides, I didn't
really look properly at anything else.

> As I said, I created it in oo.o so there should be no reason why you
> can't see it correctly.

Yes - until I saw Tony's email I had not queried that what I was seeing was
what you had created.

I'm truly grateful to you for doing this. :-) It will make a big difference
if anyone uses it. And I'll just keep my eyes shut during the titles!

Lisi