Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

Top Page
Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57d75100.hantslug.org.uk.21806': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Mar 24 18:44:21 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 1E38DD6257A4363C
On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 16:38 +0000, Mair wrote:
> > Well as a first attempt I've made a quick template:
> >
> > http://bob-lad.org/download/HantsLUG-template.odp
> >

> > Works best in openoffice.org-impress, but I believe other presentation
> > packages are available ;)
>

> Does ubuntu have a magic tool to tell me which programs will open my
> file, yet?
>
> 'file' tells me it's an OpenDocument Presentation.

Ubuntu comes with OpenOffice.org out of the box if installed from the
live or alternate CDs (except the command-line only system). You should
be able to just double click it in the standard file browser - nautilus
and open it.

If you have an old version of Ubuntu then you may have OpenOffice 1.x
which I don't think will open this. You need OpenOffice 2.x

In addition, Rob did actually mention which app he used to make it,
"openoffice.org-impress". which is one of the OpenOffice.org
components:-

alan@wopr:~$ apt-cache search impress
openoffice.org - OpenOffice.org Office suite
openoffice.org-impress - OpenOffice.org office suite - presentation

Cheers,
Al.