Re: [Hampshire] [OT] StickWiki (was Record keeping (was: Rem…

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] StickWiki (was Record keeping (was: Remove or not.))
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 19:09:56 +0000
Alan Pope <alan@???> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 16:39 +0000, john lewis wrote:
> > am I correct in thinking you mean
> >
> > "wget www.salisburys.net/PetersNotes-TW.html"
>
> That is what I did.
>

> > > Then I opened it in firefox. I suspect if you do that in opera
> > > it will work for you too.
> >
> > If so it makes no difference, I still get the same errors.
> > Nothing is saved in Opera and with iceweasel my edits get saved
> > but I get multiple tabs opened all with the same error message as
> > previously stated.
>
> I just installed Opera here and it also exhibits that error. So it
> looks like the code works fine in a small set of browsers.
>
> Don't worry, I am not going to suggest you use firefox. :)

I suspect the problem with opera is that it uses ecmascript and this
isn't fully compatible with javascript.

but that doesn't explain why I get the errors with iceweasel. I think
the answer for me is to run TW under iceweasel when I need to add
some 'notes' but use it under opera for everyday reminders.

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application