Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea
On Sunday 25 March 2007 11:50, Adam Trickett wrote:
> Now for my sins I now work in industry and I see lots of corporate slides
> all the time and they are almost exclusively awful:
>
> * White background

What's wrong with a white background? I've seen people comment
about wanting white text on black, but I've always found black text
on white is *much* easier to read (the exception is terminal windows,
where I find coloured text on black is easier than coloured text on
white, and the colours provide enough useful information to make it
worthwhile).

Various books on design I've read have always suggested black on
white as being most readable as well.

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???