Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea
Gordon Scott <gordon@???> wrote:
> If yellow on black or white on black are
> perceived as better than black on white, I
> wonder why I find web pages with light text on a
> black background harder to read.

Bad kerning and hinting of white on black scalable
fonts, I think. There isn't a problem, for me,
with fixed size fonts, such as the rxvt I'm typing
in now.

I think Firefox - or, rather, freetype - have
improved significantly in rendering white on
black in the last year or so.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.