Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

Author: Jacqui caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea
Nick Chalk wrote:
> Gordon Scott <gordon@???> wrote:
>
>>If yellow on black or white on black are
>>perceived as better than black on white, I
>>wonder why I find web pages with light text on a
>>black background harder to read.

white is not white but three primaries.
FWUI there is a big lump at the back of your head that
overlays the three 'colour' images while you are reading.
If the test is in a primary (orange/green) your head
does not have to do as much work.

This is why old vt220's are orange or green as it was
assumed these were less stressfuly to read.

IIRC Duncan goodhew is dyslexic and uses a colour filter to read.
Evidently the sheet flattens the text for him- prior to seeing text
using the sheet he used to see three images of every word overlain
in three different positions (including depth!).

This was in a tv prog many years ago so I could have some bits wrong.

FInally consider waering non tinted sungrasses with a bug CRT.
They polarising effect can remove the 'glare' produced by the edges of
phospors and can make black of white much clearer. Of they used to on
my work sun monitors manymooins ago :-)

Jacqui