Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea
On Tuesday 27 Mar 2007 17:09, Andy Smith wrote:
> OOo is a big package and is something I would think long and
> hard before installing from backports.

FWIW, in this particular case, I have used the backport of OOo 2 to sarge. It
doesn't cause any problems to anything else that I have noticed, but it has
no help files. As the on-line help is outstanding, this has not
inconvenienced me. So for me, it worked this time and solved the problem
that I wanted it to solve. YMMV, of course.

But I note that the procedure is tricky and shall use it with caution.

Lisi