Re: [Hampshire] Ruby on Rails communities in the UK

Author: Dominic Cleal
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ruby on Rails communities in the UK
On Thu, 03 May 2007 14:51:25 +0000, Simon Capstick wrote:
> I have several apps I want to write for internal use but for my first
> project (to be GPL'ed) I want to create a simple web interface to
> allow people to enable an auto-responder and/or email forwarding on
> an Exim4 server. It will automagically fiddle with a user's .forward
> Exim filter file.

Have you looked at Sieve and ManageSieve? Sieve is a basic filtering
language that can be used in .forward files and is understood by Exim.

The idea of ManageSieve I believe is that you can run a ManageSieve
server and users can then edit their .forward file remotely, using a
ManageSieve compliant user interface. Potentially that could then be
integrated into a web site, or an MUA etc (there's an extension for
Thunderbird for instance).

Cyrus apparently has a ManageSieve server built into it, though I'm not
aware of any other major implementations, which is a shame. I'd be
interested to hear if anybody knows of one.

--
Dominic Cleal
dominic@???