[Hampshire] Hosting and Event/meeting at an employer

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Hosting and Event/meeting at an employer

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x574a0100.hantslug.org.uk.5159': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Aug 9 22:26:55 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
Hi,

I was wondering, for those people who convinced an employer to let them host a
technical event such as a LUG meeting on site, what hoops did they have to
jump through to be allowed to host the meeting?

I assume there was the sign in and sign out and you have to be in attendance
at all times, and make sure everything is in order, but what other things did
they expect you to do?

We have plenty of large meeting rooms at work and we could easily host a LUG
day, we have projectors/screens, plenty of tables and chairs and
non-corporate network Internet access. I think we can also cordon of the
building so the access is restricted.

If I did ask I know there would the obvious concerns, but I wondered what was
reasonable and what have people put up with? The recent ThamesValley Perl
Mongers meeting took place in a commercial office space, and I know banks
have hosted technical meetings before now for the London Perl Mongers.

Being based in Basingstoke in north Hampshire may be a useful location for
some meetings.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

The problem with cruel and unusual punishment is that you have to keep
being creative.  For example, some may call it cruel and unusual to turn
a spammer into spam, but by the time you feed the hundredth into the
woodchipper it's become quite usual.
    -- Anthony de Boer in the Monastery