Re: [Hampshire] Hosting and Event/meeting at an employer

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hosting and Event/meeting at an employer
On Thu, Aug 9, 2007 at 22:26:47 +0100 (+0100), Adam Trickett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering, for those people who convinced an employer to let them host a
> technical event such as a LUG meeting on site, what hoops did they have to
> jump through to be allowed to host the meeting?

Varied - IIRC the first time I asked I was told "maybe...oh, no -
insurance", then later (after we were bought out I believe) "err,
sure".

Any rooms that weren't needed were locked if they could be - more
for my peace of mind than anything - although it did mean that people
knew rooms to be used and rooms not to be used.

> Being based in Basingstoke in north Hampshire may be a useful location for
> some meetings.

The last meetings we had in Basingstoke were pretty popular - it's
certainly a bit more central than most places.

Adrian
--
Email: adrian@??? -*- GPG key available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux - the maintainable distribution -*- www.debian.org