Re: [Hampshire] Ethernet over mains

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ethernet over mains
On Wednesday 15 August 2007 12:22, Simon Capstick wrote:
> If you don't change the passwords then supposedly there's the
> possibility that someone could join your network with a rogue unit.
> Does anyone know if this is physically possible from an adjacent property?

I believe that the electricity meter (or some other gadget where the
supply comes into the house) is supposed to filter the signal, so it
shouldn't travel between properties, though it may be different if
you're in a flat.

I did look this up when I first got mine, though can't remember the
exact details now.

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???