Re: [Hampshire] Cheap Laptop

Author: Jacqui caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Cheap Laptop
john lewis wrote:
> Her number one priority is renovating her bathroom, the new
> suite is in place and now she has to get walls tiled and floor
> covered. Then she wants to think about updating the kitchen but

We recently tiles the batchroom and shower room floors - we did not
have a proper floor tile drill and it was a nightmare trying to
punch holes in the tiles for the rad pipes. We recently bought
two sets of core bits for just this job so next time...

> knows this is going to cost several* thousands upwards.

We did two kitchens for family and instead of replacing the entire
kitchen we replaced the worktops and built/installed new doors.

You can buy new doors and worktops for a fraction of the cost of
a new kitchen and unless thekitchen is really old the cupboards
shoudl be std sizes and doors fit AOK.

Also it is a LOT easier/quicker to fit new tops as all of the plumbing,
leveling etc is already sorted.

> So a computer isn't an essential item at the moment more "it
> would be nice to have one"

Hmm someone has the correct thinking - my Paul thinks new power tools
are more important than a working washing machine :-(

Jacqui