Re: [Hampshire] Talk videos from August's meeting

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Talk videos from August's meeting

Tony Whitmore wrote:

> The videos from August's meeting are available for download from the
> website at:
>
> http://www.hantslug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?TechTalks/4thAugust2007
>
> As ever feedback and comments are welcome.

Must say that I also enjoyed the Bash Shell training workshop held by
Adrian . I have now bought:

Learning the Bash Shell 3rd edition ISBN 0-596-00965-8 and Bash Cookbook
ISBN -10: 0-596-52678-4 ISBN-13: 978-0-596-52678-8.

The former is a cover to cover read and so far (on chapter 4) is filling
gaps in my knowledge and making me go 'oooh.... and ahhh' the second is
packed full of good examples and recipes with more detail and one too dip
in and out of. These books really do bring much knowledge together as I
like many people have been learning bash from many many different media
and sources over the years (arguably the best way), it is still nice to
own joined up paper references.

The bash really is a wide ranging computing landscape encompassing many
user interface concepts, operational modes and methods and hence daunting
for new users. However after some effort a Linux users computing
experience can be enhanced in ways a new Bash Shell user cannot imagine, I
started to find this out in 2000.

Looking forward to the next workshop too and I liked the sound of the IBM
LPI based teaching material. Does any one know the link to these
documents?

Damian

--
Damian Brasher