[Hampshire] Aiptek Graphics Tablets

Author: Peter Salisbury
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Aiptek Graphics Tablets
Following the discussion about tablets I thought I'd point out a great
page in case you've got hold of an Aiptek tablet. The drivers
currently in the system (2.6.22) aren't working but this page gives
simple instructions which work on Debian unstable as well as Ubuntu.
Took about 5 mins and now my dusty old tablet is useful rather than
junk. Gimp with pressure sensitivity is such fun!

The only variations from their recipe I used were the udev rule:

DRIVERS=="aiptek", ATTRS{vendor}=="AIPTEK",
SYMLINK+="input/aiptektablet"

And I used:

checkinstall make install

to make things easier later.

Also the path to the module is slightly different:

/lib/modules/2.6.22-1-k7/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/aiptek.ko

HTH, Peter