[Hampshire] Giving podcasts a bad name

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Giving podcasts a bad name
I get email news from the IT Pro Portal (which isn't the best in the
world, and is really annoying when to get at the article you pop up a
new window, and each subequent news item you want to read takes over the
same window - anyhoo...). Today I spotted a bit titled:

Tracking down teh Vista Zealot

It turned out to be a podcast, and the person being interviewed was
listed as a Fellow of the BCS and a member of the IEEE, amongst other
things, so I thought I'd have a listen.

What I found was something that started with what was almost a one liner
about the worst thing about Vista being zealots who won't stop telling
you how good it is, and then proceded to ramble about the insignificance
of Linux in a way that was so haphazard and demonstrated no real
knowledge of the issues at all. It didn't help that the interviewer
sounded so much like Julian Clarey it was distracting!!

For those who have listened to podcasts, and who want to actually listed
to this (it isn't that long, just feels it), is this typical of the
genre? Even if I was anti-Linux and pro-Windows I think I'd consider it
pretty poor at best!

http://securitypodcasts.itproportal.com/
http://www.itproportal.com/podcasts/peterwoods.mp3

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: