Re: [Hampshire] Giving podcasts a bad name

Author: Steve Kirk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Giving podcasts a bad name
On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 05:01:39PM +0100, Paul Tansom wrote:

[...snip...]
> For those who have listened to podcasts, and who want to actually listed
> to this (it isn't that long, just feels it), is this typical of the
> genre? Even if I was anti-Linux and pro-Windows I think I'd consider it
> pretty poor at best!

Hi Paul,

I haven't listened to it, and nothing in this thread is really selling it
to me... ;-)

Anyway, could I suggest a couple of pretty good tech podcasts?

I like LQ Radio[1] - the podcast is generally fairly short, around 15 - 20 mins,
and is geared towards news and view relevant to Linux users. It's well
balenced and Jeremy's comments are interesting. saves me spending much time
reading Linux news sites and blogs too! :-)

If you're interested in *BSD, then BSD Talk[2] is pretty good. There's usually
a little news, and an interview. Some of the interviews aren't very interesting
(to me) but they cover a huge range of topics, and there is stuff in there
that would probably be of interest to linux users too.

Cheers,
Steve,