Re: [Hampshire] Giving podcasts a bad name

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Giving podcasts a bad name
On Mon, September 24, 2007 17:01, Paul Tansom wrote:
> For those who have listened to podcasts, and who want to actually listed
> to this (it isn't that long, just feels it), is this typical of the
> genre? Even if I was anti-Linux and pro-Windows I think I'd consider it
> pretty poor at best!

Haven't listened to it, so I don't know. I do tend to listen
to podcasts whilst driving however (when you've got a 3hr drive,
they're more interesting than music).

Like anything, some are good, some aren't. Normally I listen
to science related stuff, such as "Astronomy Cast" or "Skeptics
Guide to the Universe". The "Irregular Podcast" is very funny
(it's deliberately very bad).

Others I listen to if they've got something specific to say.
For example, AVForums is useful to me at the moment since I'm
trying to decide what TV to buy next, and is quite professional.

Then there's the Magnatune 'Podcasts' which are just music.

It all depends on which ones you choose to listen to, but some
are worth it.

--
Be seeing you,            http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                      xmpp:sam@???