[Hampshire] gnome-settings-daemon in ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy)

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] gnome-settings-daemon in ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy)
Hi All,

A few days ago, I upgraded from Ubuntu 7.04 to 7.10. As expected
with a development release, a few things broke. I managed to fix
most of them by searching the web for a clue. However, I am stuck
with gnome-settings-daemon not working. Each time I log on, I get a
dialogue saying that it has failed to start, and will be started again
next time I log in.

I have tried creating a new account to make sure that it is not some
rouge config in my account, and the same thing happens.

Does anybody have a clue what I may need to do to fix this? I must
have done something wrong as all reports I read on the Internet are
that 7.10 is working great.

Thanks.
--
Philip Stubbs