Re: [Hampshire] Installing acroread and opera

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Installing acroread and opera
On Tuesday 16 October 2007 23:26, Paul Tansom wrote:
> At the moment, the attempts by Ubuntu to make things easy for people are
> actually making things more difficult for me. When I went on a
> navigation course many years ago I got completely lost in the attempts
> to make the concepts easy, when I ignored the teacher and started
> thinking mathematical vectors it all became easy. During the one exam at
> the end of the first year of my degree, having struggled to comprehend
> one of the lecturers for the whole year, it finally clicked when I
> thought back to my A-level and I worked from that knowledge to pass the
> exam - but still couldn't match that understanding with what the
> lecturer had taught! Maybe it's just me

And don't you just hate maps that make things "simpler" by leaving out some of
the roads? Or the map Queen Elizabeth Country Park used to have (maybe still
has) that showed routes through the park - but left out all the "unimportant"
paths. I never did work out how one was supposed to follow it. I gave up
and used a 1:25000 OS map.

Lisi