RE: Totem and mpgs Re: [Hampshire] Feisty - changing Graphic…

Author: Noble R.M.
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: RE: Totem and mpgs Re: [Hampshire] Feisty - changing Graphics Card
> Could changing the card have caused this?

> Oh and btw - any advice on getting Totem to handle mpgs? I've

already
> tried and realplayer can't handle them either so suspect it's a codec
> somewhere.

I doubt it's the card that's causing it. Its more likely a missing
codec. I think mpgs are handled by the w32codecs package (not available
in the repos). You can get it either through the mplayer homepage,
Automatix (not overly recommended) or the medibuntu repos.

Another option would be to use VLC media player (in the repos) which has
all the codecs built into it.

Rob