Re: [Surrey] Re: [Hampshire] Meeting with John Denham

Author: Jacqui caren
To: hampshire, surrey, Paul Ingram
CC:
Subject: Re: [Surrey] Re: [Hampshire] Meeting with John Denham
lugsurry@??? wrote:
> Jacqui wrote:
>
>>Cross posted to Surrey and Hampshire - please be carefull when replying!
>

> Careful to reply to both? I hope that's what you meant, I've attempted to.

Sorry I meant email only lists you are subscribed to :-)

>>I would suggest a bunch of short five minute talks.
> Sounds an excellent idea. Certainly no longer (politicians are busy
> people with short attention spans!).

My thoughts exactly :-)

> To take full advantage of such a fantastic opportunity the meeting should
> be planned and *rehearsed* thoroughly (as any professional lobbying group
> would). But is anyone up for that level of commitment?

A very good idea.
but I doubt most members would have the time or inclination.

I was thinking of suggesting asking local businesses to do
presentations. Most of them have to present to clients - a politician is
not that different.

Two examples would be my employer (software dev house) and an network
consultancy/ISP I know.

I would hope JimK of osml would be "up for it".

Jacqui