Re: [Hampshire] Meeting with John Denham

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Meeting with John Denham
Roger Munford wrote:
> Last Friday I went to a meeting about climate change with John Denham
> the Southampton MP and also Minister for "Innovation, Universities and
> Skills".
> I had the chance to talk to him for a couple of minutes after the
> meeting and brought up Open source Software. He is genuinely interested
> and would like an invitation to a LUG meeting.

My own MP in Bracknell is never far from a Press photographer.....
It might be a benefit to John Denham and also to FOSS if you liaise
with him (or his secretary) and maybe the local press too, to ensure
or encourage the press presence.

The MP will see press coverage as pure life blood and oxygen. The
local press may see a good story in Free Software which does not get
viruses, however unbelievable that may be to most people!
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391