Re: [Hampshire] Meeting with John Denham

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Meeting with John Denham
Roger Munford wrote:
> Last Friday I went to a meeting about climate change with John
> Denham the Southampton MP and also Minister for "Innovation,
> Universities and Skills". I had the chance to talk to him for a
> couple of minutes after the meeting and brought up Open source
> Software. He is genuinely interested and would like an invitation
> to a LUG meeting.

Another comment - If a single person who is comfortable with the
suitable level of interaction could be nominated as 'Host' for the
meeting, it would be easier for the guest, whether or not there are
formal talks or presentations.
The nominated host would effectively be a single point of contact, and
could filter comments and questions, and be in a good position to
summarise and finally report on the event.

And be a contact for any future follow up.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391