Re: [Hampshire] Fedora 8 DVD problems

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Fedora 8 DVD problems
Hi,

On Sun, Nov 25 at 11:06, Rob Malpass wrote:
> The thing is though - the disk seems to be ok - in as much as it's booting
> (I'm getting the ISOLINUX version header) but not the kernel image.

Might be a processor version mismatch. That's about where the kernel
decompression takes place and that often throws up processor instruction
set issues.

Did you download the i686 or the i386 version ? I think the i686 version
has problems with some older AMD processors.

Send me your postal address OFF LIST and I'll put a i386 (lowest common
denominator) disk in the post for you.  I know it's good Kelly used it
to install on an Athlon recently.
--
        Bob Dunlop