Re: [Hampshire] The greatest laptop ever made? (The SUN)

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] The greatest laptop ever made? (The SUN)
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 at 10:56:26AM +0000, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Steve Kirk wrote:
>
> Slight tangent: I was looking at a Windows-only game the other day and
> the hardware pre-reqs are different for XP and Vista. XP wants a 2GHZ
> CPU + 1GB RAM, Vista wants 3GHZ + 1.5GB RAM, IIRC.

I've seen quite a reviews saying that with 2Gb of RAM Vista works,
and really starts to work when you have 4Gb.

Vista is like NT4 all over again, lots of older/poor code didn't work,
there were no drivers and it ate resources like they were going out of
fashion. All in all Windows95/98 were much easier to live with.

If you compare Vista with XPSP3, XP seems the better bet, yet as with
NT4, I bet Vista will displace XP, it will just be as slow as anyone,
except Microsoft, predicted.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

The animals are not as stupid as one thinks - they have neither
doctors nor lawyers.
    -- L Doquier