Re: [Hampshire] Return of Meeting with John Denham

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Return of Meeting with John Denham
hantslug@??? wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 November 2007 11:37, Roger Munford wrote:
>> I may have a chance of ambushing John Denham on Friday because he is
>> speaking at the University and I can have coffee with the VIPs. It would
>> be nice to say that the LUG would be pleased if he came to a meeting/ or
>> would be happy to come and see him.
>
> I would love to be involved - but I do not think that I am the most
> appropriate person, which is why I had not volunteered. If no-one else wants
> to do it, however, I am cretainly happy to do so. It is clearly a good idea.
>
> Lisi

I would be happy to help with a proviso that just before xmas I have a
short spell in hospital and will need to recover a bit and a date for
John Denham is not yet set? Ideally the soonest date?

I am not able to get down South much (from Bracknell....) and have
only attended one Southampton meeting so far. But I am usually there
in spirit! I think it is a great opportunity to inform JD.

I think I am not the ideal point of contact at the meeting because I
am not a very integral part of the local scene - somewhat of an
outsider. However, I do give talks to local computer groups, so if you
have no other choices I could help out. I can certainly support you
if you will be the local presenter, and be a useful part of the team
on the day if that sounds ok?

1) A Proposed 'Date' would be a really good idea? I will be
unavailable from 17 the December for a while (its not not just xmas haze!)
2) Who will be the host/hostess for JD as a guest at the event? This
will probably be a different person to the main presenter, someone who
can act as anchor and coordinator *in* the event.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391