[Hampshire] Time for a new distribution

Author: m.nuttall
To: h, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] Time for a new distribution

Hello,

I have opensuse 10.2 installed on my PC which has an athlon 3000 mobile,Nvidia
geforce 6600GT gfx card and 2gig of ram. Suse is running a little
unresponsive/slow so i was thinking of changing to a different flavour of linux
but i like YAST alot so if theres an equivalent it might be interesting.

Going through one of the distro chooseing questionaires Mandriva is recommended
however is it going to be as unresponsive as Suse on my system?

I would prefer to use kde which kinda rules out ubuntu unless i go for the less
popular kubuntu.

So can i have peoples thoughts on what to change to and what they use at the moment.

BTW i am a novice user

Martin N