Re: [Hampshire] Advice regarding Storage of PC/Electronics i…

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Advice regarding Storage of PC/Electronics in Garage
On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 14:10:00 +0000
"Imran Chaudhry" <ichaudhry@???> wrote:

> A neighbour recommended "vacuum seal" bags because the air in the
> plastic bags will still cause fungus/mould and whatnot to form.

My daughter used 'vacuum sealed' bags in their house in France to
store stuff like bedding whilst the house was unoccupied. Problem was
they didn't stay sealed for very long so any benefit from removing the
air was soon lost.

The bedding/clothing was still pretty well compressed which was
another reason for using this system but this wouldn't be a
consideration with things like PC cases.

So I would be cautious about depending on this sort of system unless
it was of 'commercial' quality plastic bags and seals and heavy duty
vacuum pumps so probably not very cost effective for home use.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package