Re: [Hampshire] Server side anti-spam

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Server side anti-spam

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57121100.hantslug.org.uk.9651': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Jan 21 19:16:47 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hi Paul,

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 07:01:09PM +0000, Paul Tansom wrote:
> That's what I'll be doing if I go the Spamassassin route. I'm looking at
> a threshold for rejection, another for greylisting and then finally
> accepting the rest. I just need to get my head around putting it all
> together!

I do something like this from the check_data acl:

# Greylist when $spam_score > this value
  warn
    set acl_m2     = 40

  defer
    message        = This site uses greylisting on "suspicious" mail \
                     connections.  Your message has been scored at \
                     $spam_score by SpamAssassin and has therefore been \
                     selected for greylisting.  $sender_host_address is \
                     not yet authorized to deliver mail from \
                     <$sender_address> to <$recipients>.  Please try later.
    log_message    = Greylisted (SpamAssassin: $spam_score > ${eval:$acl_m2/10}).
    !senders       = :
    !hosts         = : +relay_from_hosts : \
                     ${if exists {/etc/greylistd/whitelist-hosts} \
                                 {/etc/greylistd/whitelist-hosts}{}} : \
                     ${if exists {/var/lib/greylistd/whitelist-hosts} \
                                 {/var/lib/greylistd/whitelist-hosts}{}}
    !authenticated = *
    !acl           = acl_whitelist_local_deny
    spam           = Debian-exim:true/defer_ok
    condition      = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{$acl_m2}{1}{0}}
    condition      = ${readsocket{/var/run/greylistd/socket} \
                                 {--grey \
                                  ${mask:$sender_host_address/24} \
                                  $sender_address \
                                  $recipients}\
                                  {5s}{}{false}}

This uses the greylistd package. I'm told that is no longer
maintained and people prefer postgrey these days, but it still works
for me so I haven't felt the need to change it yet.

I can explain it in more detail if anything in there doesn't make
sense..

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB

My words are my own and do not represent Jacqui Caren.