Re: [Hampshire] Server side anti-spam

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Server side anti-spam
** Andy Smith <andy@???> [2008-01-21 19:17]:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 07:01:09PM +0000, Paul Tansom wrote:
> > That's what I'll be doing if I go the Spamassassin route. I'm looking at
> > a threshold for rejection, another for greylisting and then finally
> > accepting the rest. I just need to get my head around putting it all
> > together!
>
> I do something like this from the check_data acl:

<<snip>>

Thanks, I'll have a read through and see how it would fit with my plans.

> This uses the greylistd package. I'm told that is no longer
> maintained and people prefer postgrey these days, but it still works
> for me so I haven't felt the need to change it yet.

Yes, I've read that too. I couldn't find any page dedicated to
greylistd, so there doesn't even look to be anything for somebody to
pick up easily. I wasn't entirely sure how well postgrey adapted to
Exim, but I've not read it thoroughly. It seemed to be a case of getting
Exim to provide the information that Postfix would normally do, but I'm
not sure how clean a hack that was.

> I can explain it in more detail if anything in there doesn't make
> sense..

I'll let you know if I can't fathom some of it. I keep thinking about
getting the Exim book, but I've got so many books that I only refer to
occasionally that I've not taken the plunge yet. I bought the O'Reilly
Sendmail, DNS & Bind and Backup & Recovery about 10 years ago that are
still in pristine condition - although I tend to be very careful with my
books :) I bought them when I took over administrating some AIX based
RS6000 boxes based on the fact that I had started using Linux.
** end quote [Andy Smith]

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: