Re: [Hampshire] Meeting with John Denham

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Meeting with John Denham
Vic wrote:
>> I have received an email from John Denhams office with a provisional
>> booking of Friday 18th of April at 2 o'clock.
>
> That's less than 7 weeks away. Has anyone got anything together for it yet?
>
> I'm keen that we put on a reasonable show...

Other things being equal, I trust we can keep in mind that the French
Assembly (parliament) went to ubuntu last year, and the Gendarmerie
are committed to moving 70,000 Pcs also. Looks like the German police
had already done similar
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Parlez-Vous-Ubuntu-Says-The-French-National-Police-77605.shtml
Swedish armed forces - red hat
and US Army to linux asap:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/10/27/us_army_going_to_linux/

(2001)
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,2083993,00.htm

etc

and of course Dell:

I hope to be able to support the event. If you need to be mob handed
please let me know?
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391