Re: [Hampshire] Re: [OT] Record Deck Sought

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Stephen Pelc, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re: [OT] Record Deck Sought
Stephen Pelc wrote:
>> On Sunday 02 March 2008 20:18:09 Sean Gibbins wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking for a record deck and may well have been up for a new
>>> budget effort were it not for the pesky kids, their need for a printer
>>> and my wife's refusal to sign off the approval on the basis that the
>>> kids moan louder than I do!
>>>

> There's a Pioneer PL12D with a Shure cartidge (M75xx?) or two in
> the cellar here somewhere. I am being asked to dispose of it.
> One of them might need a new drive belt. A tenner or so. Now
> replaced by a Pink Triangle - wow, the difference is stunning

Hi Stephen,

The Dual I have is probably of a similar quality to the PL12D and a
slightly younger vintage, so I'll pass on that thanks even at that
excellent price.

I can't stretch to a Pink Triangle or a Linn but I am hoping to find
something between the extremes of budget and reference decks, and now
rue the day I sold my Revolver Record which sat under my bed for a year
or so before I finally flogged it on some 8 or 9 years ago. It would
have been perfect for the job - little use and reasonable quality - *sigh*!

Cheers,

Sean