[Hampshire] WiFi hotspots

Top Page
Author: Paul Tansom
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] WiFi hotspots

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56a34100.hantslug.org.uk.1418': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Jul 25 22:47:04 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key EB60007D30CC08A5
Does anyone have any experience of using WiFi hotspots in places like
Wetherspoons and McDonalds? I'll be in Dorset for a week shortly and may
need to make use of them, so was wondering whether they restrict traffic
to just web and mail, or whether ssh is usable. I could ask direct, but
have a suspicion they wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about!

- --
Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office:
begin:vcard
fn:Paul Tansom
n:Tansom;Paul
org:Aptanet
adr:Widley;;39 The Thicket;Waterlooville;Hants.;PO7 5JL;England
email;internet:paul@???
tel;work:023 92380001
tel;cell:07799 662434
x-mozilla-html:FALSE