Re: [Hampshire] Meeting venue required

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Meeting venue required
Hugo Mills wrote:

>    Our usual rooms in Zepler aren't available for the next couple of
> months because they're being used as temporary offices while the new
> building is connected to the old one and brought into service. Going
> through the University proper, rather than ECS, would probably be
> quite expensive, and we probably wouldn't be able to get any network
> connectivity.

>    There's also the small matter of [1], although I believe there may
> be an alternative solution in preparation for the long term. I'll let
> Adrian announce that when/if it gets sorted out.

After talking with the buildings manager for Zepler, an October HL meeting
is a possibility, this will pick up the normal every two month meeting
pattern in Southampton I believe.

I am expecting to be at ECS to the end of my current contract, May 2010,
however as contracts are a volatile world this may change.

So I'll do my best to firm up things, this does depend on the progress of
the new building. Hugo has passed on the essential details to me. I'll
contact Adrian when I have concrete news.

Damian

--
Damian L Brasher
http://www.diap.org.uk