Re: [Hampshire] Laser printers ?

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Laser printers ?
2008/8/17 Russell Gadd <russ.mail.lists@???>:
> I just bought a new colour cartridge for my HP Deskjet and then saw someone
> in a discussion group say he'd had his laser printer a long time and buys
> new toner once every few years. This set me thinking whether I should switch
> to using a black and white laser as 99.9% of my printing is black - my
> expensive colour cartridges usually dry up rather than run out.
>
> Does anyone have any experience / recommendation for a laser printer for
> home use?
>
> I usually go through a box of 2500 A4 sheets around every 2-3 years.
>
> Russell

Laser printers use dry ink so they keep for ages.
I use a very old HP LaserJet 4L. The refill costs about £65, but that
includes all the drums etc.
I have replaced the refill 3 times in the last 10 years.
I go through about 2500 sheets per year, but that is only text.
If I ever need a colour printout, I write it to a memory stick and go
to boots. Costs about 5-10p per page instead of about 50p for a
Deskjet Inkjet printer.

The whole life cost of a Laser Printer is much less than a Inkjet printer.

Kind Regards

James